The MBA International programme aims at providing students with career opportunities in an International context. It also ensures that students have exposure to International business through an intensive course in strategic management which eventually enhances personal and career development. To facilitate this students will use, share and reflect upon their experiences alongside others in their respective Learning Teams.
The MBA International provides students with an in-depth knowledge in International management through integrating the main functional areas of business by applying global strategic management.
The programme has therefore been structured in three key themes:
- The Performing Organisation
- Contemporary and Global Strategic Challenges
- Research in Action
- To apply for admission into any of the GTUC Masters degree programmes, an applicant must:
- Possess a first degree not below second class lower division from an accredited university with a major in engineering, computing, information systems, computer systems engineering, information technology, management or related field. Applicants with third class or pass degrees are required to attend a one month mandatory refresher course and pass an interview to qualify for a programme.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ relevant working/professional experience if applying for an MBA programme.
- Be proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint
An applicant must also submit the following
- A completed Postgraduate Admission form (Purchase from GTUC Information Centre, Main Campus, Tesano, or download from here. The cost of the application form is One Hundred and Ten Ghana Cedis (Gh¢110) payable by way of Bankers Draft from any bank.
- An official transcript indicating completion of at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited and degree-granting university.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to judge the candidate’s probability of success in pursuing a programme of study leading to the master’s degree.
Acceptances of Offers
A person receiving an offer of admission must accept the offer by the process which is specified in the offer letter and by the due date which is specified in the offer. Admission offers will be withheld for applicants who fail to accept the admission offer, and also fail to register as a student on the due date specified in the offer of admission.
- Stimulating intensive course in management with an international perspective.
- Specifically designed for career development in the international arena.
- Offers development opportunities like independence and creative thinking.
- Offers the opportunity to develop the ability to analyze, synthesize and evaluate approaches to business management.
- Equips graduates with diverse range of business management skills (consultancy skills) for employment.
- The international consultancy in action module enables students to apply curriculum in global context and adapt their skills and knowledge to international business sectors.
To apply for admission to our Masters programmes, applicant must possess:
|A first degree not below second class lower division from an accredited university. Applicants with third class or pass degrees are required to attend a one month mandatory refresher course and pass an interview to qualify for a programme.|
|A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working / professional experience is required for applicants to MBA programmes.|
|Be proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point|
|Checklist for application|
Please provide the following information:
|A completed post graduate Admission form|
|Original or Certified True Copies of certificates, academic transcripts and any other academic record from an accredited and degree-granting university.|
|Research and professional experience.|
|Two (2) recent passport size photographs, one of which should be affixed to the form.|
|Three (3) letters of recommendation with at least one (1) from educational institution attended.|
Application forms are available at GTUC Information Centre, Accra campus and regional campuses/ learning centers. Forms can be downloaded here. The application fee is GH150.00, payable by banker’s draft from any bank. Please note that applications submitted online will not be processed until the application fee is settled.
Completed application forms with appropriately certified copies of certificates and transcripts should be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office, GTUC, Tesano campus or regional campuses/learning centers.
|Intake||Admission start date||Closing date|
GTUC has a one year rolling admission policy. Students have the privilege to buy and submit application forms any time within an academic year. The forms would be processed for the intake selected by applicants. There are however, strict admission deadlines.
Why should l choose this Course?
- It offers a systemic education to aspects of networks and telematic services, management innovation and research
- Graduates become competent to analyze the features, problems and constraints of telematic services and networks in use
- Students are well prepared to generate new knowledge and develop new applications to improve existing networks and services
- Ability to transmit the acquired knowledge to corporate sector
- Students will be able to initiate tasks contribute significantly to the advancement of telematic engineering at the work place.
- Students also learn teamwork and activity planning
- Students can have dual jobs in academia and corporate roles.Course duration
One (1) year full time. Only weekend option is available. Evening option is contingent on availability of numbers.
|The Human Capital Dimension|
|Risk and Financial Analysis|
|Business Management Research|
|Global Strategic Management|
|International Consultancy in Action|
|International Supply Chain Management|
|HRM in Global Context|
|MBA International||£ 4000||£ 6000|
|Graduate admissions office-||Telephone:||Location:|
|Accra campus||+233 (0)302-917152, 0202698352/3||Tesano Accra|
|Kumasi campus:||+233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214||Apino Plaza, at Ahodwo roundabout, opposite Alliance Francaise.|
|Koforidua Learning Centre:||0202625760, 0202625761||2nd Floor of the Vodafone Regional Office Building, at Charley Junction.|
|Takoradi Learning Centre:||0202625794|
|Ho Learning Centre:||0505663496||Vodafone Regional Office Building,|