While providing a broad business background, this course focuses on the management of the movement of materials, goods and labour, the supply chain and current strategies in transport and distribution. The course develops knowledge of the business environment, especially with regard to the management of logistics systems, logistics challenges faced by today’s international organizations and the planning and delivery of logistics strategies.
It also builds the key logistic analytical, strategic and operational skills needed for a global manufacturer, retailer or logistics service provider at a mid-management level upwards. Remarkably, this course enables the learner to support the development and successful implementation of logistics-related projects and strategies. The capacity to identify the implication of policies on inventory holding, replenishment and management of the supply chain to the organizations and industries is deeply rooted in this course.
The distribution aspect of the course focuses on the management of logistics assets required to operate a global logistics system. The characteristics and issues of different logistics operating systems will be examined including how to optimize various modes of transport such as trains aircraft, trailers, ships, and road vehicles.
- Degree-A Bachelor’s degree (at least Second Class Lower)
- Diploma– Higher National Diploma (HND) or 2-year Diploma from an accredited university. Applicants must have at least four (4) years post graduation work experience.
To apply for admission to our Masters programmes, applicant must possess:
|A first degree not below second class lower division from an accredited university. Applicants with third class or pass degrees are required to attend a one month mandatory refresher course and pass an interview to qualify for a programme.|
|A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working / professional experience is required for applicants to MBA programmes.|
|Be proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point|
|Checklist for application|
Please provide the following information:
|A completed post graduate Admission form|
|Original or Certified True Copies of certificates, academic transcripts and any other academic record from an accredited and degree-granting university.|
|Research and professional experience.|
|Two (2) recent passport size photographs, one of which should be affixed to the form.|
|Three (3) letters of recommendation with at least one (1) from educational institution attended.|
Application forms are available at GTUC Information Centre, Accra campus and regional campuses/ learning centers. Forms can be downloaded here. The application fee is GH150.00, payable by banker’s draft from any bank. Please note that applications submitted online will not be processed until the application fee is settled.
Completed application forms with appropriately certified copies of certificates and transcripts should be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office, GTUC, Tesano campus or regional campuses/learning centers.
|Intake||Admission start date||Closing date|
GTUC has a one year rolling admission policy. Students have the privilege to buy and submit application forms any time within an academic year. The forms would be processed for the intake selected by applicants. There are however, strict admission deadlines.
Why should l choose this Course?
- Students will gain the skill to use strategic approach to the development and management of computing and information technology systems in an organization.
- It enables students to select and apply relevant management skills to make effective and efficient use of time and resources when undertaking computing and information technology projects
- A student is able to evaluate a range of possible options or solutions to address a sizeable practical IS/IT problem and present a soundly reasoned justification,
- It enables a student to compare and apply a range of techniques for data modeling and information management that are needed to support the evolving complexity of information systems
- A student is able to make an informed contribution to the strategic planning for Information System/Information Technology within an organization that will contribute to the achievement of business objectives
- Make informed contribution to the strategic planning for Information Systems/Information Technology within an organization that will contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
One (1) year full time. Only weekend option is available. Evening option is contingent on availability of numbers.
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information
|Global Distribution Networks|
|Supply Chain Management|
|Organizational Behaviour& HRM|
|Financial Analysis for Managers|
|Study Skills & Research Methods|
|MBA Logistics||£ 5000||£ 6000|
|Graduate admissions office-||Telephone:||Location:|
|Accra campus||+233 (0)302-917152, 0202698352/3||Tesano Accra|
|Kumasi campus:||+233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214||Apino Plaza, at Ahodwo roundabout, opposite Alliance Francaise.|
|Koforidua Learning Centre:||0202625760, 0202625761||2nd Floor of the Vodafone Regional Office Building, at Charley Junction.|
|Takoradi Learning Centre:||0202625794|
|Ho Learning Centre:||0505663496||Vodafone Regional Office Building,|