How to Apply
To apply for admission to our Masters programmes, applicant must possess:
- A first degree not below second class lower division from an accredited university. Applicants with third class or pass degrees are required to attend a one month mandatory refresher course and pass an interview to qualify for a programme.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working / professional experience is required for applicants to MBA programmes.
- Be proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point
Checklist for application
Please provide the following information:
- A completed post graduate Admission form
- Original or Certified True Copies of certificates, academic transcripts and any other academic record from an accredited and degree-granting university.
- Statement of purpose.
- Research and professional experience.
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs, one of which should be affixed to the form.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation with at least one (1) from educational institution attended.
Application forms are available at GTUC Information Centre, Accra campus and regional campuses/ learning centers. Forms can be downloaded here. The application fee is GH200.00, payable by banker’s draft from any bank. Please note that applications submitted online will not be processed until the application fee is settled. Completed application forms with appropriately certified copies of certificates and transcripts should be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office, GTUC, Tesano campus or regional campuses/learning centers.
GTUC has a one year rolling admission policy. Students have the privilege to buy and submit application forms any time within an academic year. The forms would be processed for the intake selected by applicants. There are however, strict admission deadlines.
Graduate School Admission Centers
The main campus is located at Tesano, on the Circle –Achimota road, adjacent to the National Police Training College
Tel: (Hotline – 0202698352/3) 0302-917152, 0302- 969020, 0302- 969030
The Graduate School is located within the Apino Plaza, at Ahodwo roundabout, opposite Alliance Francaise.
Tel: (Hotline- 0202698214), 03221-92331-2, 03221-92373, 03221-91197, 0202698349, 0202698317
Koforidua Learning centre
Location: 2nd Floor of the Vodafone Regional Office Building, at Charley Junction. It is close to the Eastern Regional Hospital
Tel: 0202625760, 0202625761
Takoradi Learning centre
Location: Vodafone Regional Office Building
Ho Learning centre
Location: Vodafone Regional Office Building,
New Graduate Student Orientation
New Graduate Student Orientation is Mandatory in GTUC. Our focus for orientation is to help students excel in studies. Orientation content is developed with this goal in mind. Postgraduate studies at GTUC is a step ahead of the traditional postgraduate studies around. Apart from its blended learning systems, and online learning management system, the school is very keen on excellent academic writing. Though some of our courses were developed with industry, all write ups are subjected to vigorous academic standards.
At the Graduate School, lectures begin right after orientation. It is therefore imperative for all admitted students to understand they way things get done at GTUC Graduate School. Top Management always look forward to orientation at the Graduate School to share their experiences with students and give all relevant information to help students excel in their studies.
International students get the opportunity to get answers for questions that helps them to transition smoothly GTUC community. Campus social and academic resource information is an important component of the programme.
Whether you are new to the University or have been here previously, the new Graduate Student Orientation programme will provide you with information on important issues such as academic collaborations, thesis writing, graduate research and literature research. This event is also a great opportunity to meet and mingle with other graduate students from across Africa.